The Hogan park Initiative
It is our vision that the new Hogan Park will be THE historical turning point in the quality of life of Midland. The transformation of the 128-acre park will turn it into an epicenter of recreational life, a hub for the people and organizations of Midland and a shining example of what Midland can create, together.
A Gathering Place
The Hogan Park Initiative is the first tangible project from the City of Midland’s Parks Master Plan that addresses our city’s need for preserved greenspaces and connecting bike paths. The project emerged as a priority from a grassroots community exploration of quality of life needs for greater Midland.
By 2026, Hogan Park will be a historical turning point in the quality of life of Midland, the epicenter of recreational life, a hub connecting the people and organizations of Midland and a shining example of civic pride!
The initiative will lay the groundwork to make future projects a reality, making Midland more family-centric, changing the way we live, and improving our quality of life.
Hogan Park will include Places to:
- Gather to rest, picnic and play on the lawn or under shaded canopies
- Safely bike/walk/run on up to 7 miles of beautified trails
- Connect to the existing Sibley Nature trails and Midland’s future hike/bike system.
- Play on new sports fields
- Enjoy performances in the outdoor pavilion and event lawn
- Play on the playgrounds and jump in the splash pad
- Order food and beverages from the innovative food truck pavilion
Want to stay up to date with our latest projects? Sign up for our newsletter!